Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Team Calendar cloud migration

When migrating from confluence server to cloud, what's the best way to deal with existing calendars? 

2 answers

It is on the Cloud Roadmap | Atlassian to be supported by Q2 2021.

Robert Horan Marketplace Partner Jun 17, 2021

Any news?

0 votes
Shannon Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2019

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

The best way to migrate your calendars is to recreate them in Confluence Cloud using the .ics URL.

Essentially, you'll export your calendars to .ics format, and then import them again. However, I do want you to be aware of a current bug that I ran into myself when doing this for my own instance: 

If your calendar contains any custom event types, which it likely does, then these will be converted to default events. You will need to manually recreate your custom event types and then apply these once again to your events. If you have recurring events then please make sure to modify all events and not just the single event, and it should apply the change to each recurring day.

Do let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Jason Wong Atlassian Team Dec 10, 2020

Note that CONFCLOUD-49097 custom event types has now been fixed! 

The work was logged here CONFCLOUD-68823 - ICS Import of a Team Calendar with multiple event types results in a calendar with just one event type 

This issue is now fixed. When importing a calendar with custom event types, the event types are now retained after import.

Like Shannon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,626 views 7 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you