Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we got different top level status results compared to atlassian support page. which one is correct?

Saddan Hussain June 29, 2021

Top-level status and incident impact calculations | Statuspage | Atlassian Support

These are the results we got different as compared to atlassian support page.

For 2 or more components

If all components have a status of 'Major Outage', top-level status will read 'Partial System Outage' 

If all components have a status of 'Partial Outage', top-level status will read 'Minor Service Outage' 

If any components have a status of 'Partial Outage', top-level status will read 'Partial System Outage' 

If all components have a status of 'Degraded Performance', top-level status will read 'Partially Degraded Service' 

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2021

Hello Saddan,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for reaching out the top level status. I have taken a look at the four that you outlined and placed what the documentation says below:

If all components have a status of 'Major Outage', top-level status will read 'Major System Outage'

If all components have a status of 'Partial Outage', top-level status will read 'Partial System Outage'

If any components have a status of 'Partial Outage', top-level status will read 'Minor Service Outage'

If all components have a status of 'Degraded Performance', top-level status will read 'Degraded System Service'

After checking all four of these, the documentation appears to be mostly correct.

If you have 10 components, all 10 of them must be on major outage to have that show Major System Outage. If even one is not in major outage, that will not appear.

The same would apply to Partial System Outage.

For your third claim, this is technically only true if everything else is in Partial Outage or Operational. If anything is in major outage, that takes precedence for the top level.

Finally, If all components have a status of 'Degraded Performance', top-level status will read 'Partially Degraded Service'  This one does appear to not be matching the documentation. I will bring this to our team to have that edited.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jesse

Saddan Hussain July 7, 2021

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your response but The results that we are getting for top level status are quite different than what is in  atlassian support page.

I am sharing the results that we got in our testing in below screenshots.

pageId - rh5v0ryp1g42

componentId - y9vryrmmcvjl, wbc4h94hphc5, 41z7gqsrv2hh

Can you please confirm on this asap?TopLevelStatus.PNGTopLevelStatus2.PNGTopLevelStatus3.PNG

Thanks

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello again,

I am not getting the same results unfortunately. When you have 2 or more components, all will mean all. If I have 5 components, all 5 need to be in the same outage level to show the correct results. The table that you have presented seems to be missing that perhaps? I have gone through the exercise again and I am getting the same results as what is on the documentation excluding the one I mentioned from before. If you want, I have created a free page at freeplantesting1.statuspage.io and you can see there that all three components are showing major outage and the top level is showing the same. 

Since you are on a trial plan, please feel free to open a support ticket with us. Perhaps there is something unique about your situation and if you open a ticket, we can investigate with you further. Thanks for sharing your input.

Regards,

Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events