Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create a slack channel when I try to integrate my statuspage in slack

maximiliano July 9, 2021

I am trying to integrate our status page with slack but when I try to create the channel is giving me error, saying that channel name is invalid. This is the channel name #eden-statuspage 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 16.39.21.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

Hi @maximiliano ,

Up at the top-right of that screen, you should see a Slack workspace URL in the "Webhook URL" box. (More details on Slack integration in our documentation)

Can you confirm that the channel #eden-statuspage already exists in the Slack workspace listed at that URL, and that your user account can open that channel?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

P.S. - if you're just looking to pipe incidents into that channel (i.e. you don't want the updates for Team members, Long-running open incidents, or Long-running degraded components), you can use the Slack subscription option to simply add the channel as a subscriber to your Statuspage instead of configuring the full integration. See our product documentation for details on how to set this up and how it works 

maximiliano July 9, 2021

Hey thanks a lot. The issue was that we had not that channel in our slack. We need to create the channel first. I did created in my slack and now I can move on!!

I appreciate your help

thanks, 

Max

maximiliano July 9, 2021

I want to trigger my components/incidents from slack.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events