Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we have the read-only access of component status and public page?

Bulusu Venkatesh June 29, 2021

if a read only user / customer that accesses our public status page wants to access our public page and its component status through API calls, how can they be given read-only access.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2021

Hello Bulusu,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. What it sounds like you are looking for is the Status API: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/what-are-the-different-apis-under-statuspage/

The Status API can be seen by appending /api to the end of a public Statuspage. This is essentially the read only access for a page. Please take a look at that document and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Jesse

Bulusu Venkatesh July 1, 2021

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for answering my above question but i came up with three more questions-

1)How you can give me a confirmation that the /api service is never switched off and is always public?

2) how can i test /api in a trial account?

3) Please confirm if there is a way for us to check status of an individual component - in addition to seeing the full component list for a page through /api service?

Bulusu Venkatesh July 5, 2021

Hi Jesse, 

can you please give answers to the above question ASAP.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi Bulusu,

It looks like you had made another community post in another thread and I reached out there but I will also answer these questions for you. Sorry for not seeing this one sooner. If you are working with a trial page, you can always feel free to reach out on support.atlassian.com

To answer your questions below:

1)How you can give me a confirmation that the /api service is never switched off and is always public?
This is always active for any public page. If your page is public and not in a trial, anyone can use it. If it is in a trial or a private page, you will need your API key.

2) how can i test /api in a trial account?
You can use your API key to use this while in a trial.

3) Please confirm if there is a way for us to check status of an individual component - in addition to seeing the full component list for a page through /api service?
You could always use https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/getPagesPageIdComponentsComponentId which is from the manage API. This requires your API key and is not public.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events