Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Atlassian/StatusPage work on a Terraform Provider?

Tony Li
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2018

Are there any plans to provide a Terraform Provider for managing the basics of StatusPage?

For example:

- Create a page

- Create a component group

- Create a component in a component group

Other actions such as creating an incident will be triggered elsewhere, but I feel like the above items would be extremely suitable for infrastructure as code. If there isn't any plans to do so, then I will need to spend time to create one myself.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2018

Hi Tony, Jake here from the Statuspage team. We have a feature in the backlog for this but it hasn't been prioritized at this time, so I'm afraid we don't have an ETA on this right now. 

I've gone ahead and linked this post to that internal ticket so our product team is aware of your request!

Jake

Sam Caldwell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2019

Jake,

I please prioritize this.  It would be a huge win for compliance and stability purposes.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Yann H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 6, 2019

Tony, Sam, I have started work on a Terraform provider for Statuspage: https://github.com/yannh/terraform-provider-statuspage .

I would be interested in your early testing, feedback, and needs! It currently supports resources, resource_groups, metrics_provider & metrics.

Tony Li
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 11, 2019

Yay, thanks Yann, this is awsome.

We are playing around with this!

Thank you for making component statuses optional.

We are using TF to track the arrangement of the various "pieces" of statuspage (treating them as "infrastructure"), but using external apis to update their state (which would be too slow to update via TF).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events