Why does a Private Status Page not support Slack Subscriptions?

Robert Valentine October 25, 2022

Note, this is ONLY for Private Status Pages, not public.

Has it been stated anywhere why the Slack subscriptions aren't supported on private pages?

This might actually be a blocker for our company taking on full support of Statuspage.

I've tried to do some workarounds, but it isn't nearly as viable as the slack integration would be.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hey Robert, Alan from the Statuspage support team here. I see that you have already spoken with one of my colleagues regarding this issue on the ticket at getsupport.atlassian.com/browse/SPSP-28448 and the Feature Request with the number STATUS-464 has been created for our engineering team to review.

You can also read about our feature implementation policy in the below link if interested:

Feature implementation policy 

Feel free to ask any questions or let us know of anything else we can assist with, either here or on the support ticket you have created.

Regards,

Alan

Robert Valentine October 27, 2022

Thanks for the reply.
I do think I would like to note that the reasoning given in the ticket was as below:

"Slack subscriptions only work on public pages due some technical limitations with private Slack channels. We do have a Slack Integration that works for private pages but that is meat to surface admin notifications into slack. You can take a looks at this integration here:

This is helpful if you are looking for a private page integration for admins, but not for customers. I hope a resolution is found, because as I noted in the ticket, finding a workaround implementation that allows teams to subscribe to specific updates in their own team threads is going to be a lot of work. Or, if using the email subscription in slack, really ugly.

The slack integration was wonderful on public pages, and I highly recommend it to any public page users.

UNRELATED: And the posting system is complaining about repeating post when it rejected the original as it required me to change the link, so Im adding some content to hopefully clear myself of the debounce.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events