cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use Status Embed?

Fuzzy Wilson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2021

The status embed continues to reproduce the error of "Uncaught TypeError: can't access property "appendChild", document.body is null", and I'm using the recommended status embed, and would like to know what I can possibly do to fix this.

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2021

Hello Fuzzy,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community. Firstly, if you haven't already, take a look at the article we have on using the recommended status embed: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/create-and-configure-the-recommended-status-embed/

I have not run across this error myself but there are a few things that I would take a look at making sure the code is the last thing entered in the body section of the HTML code as that can cause issues.

I do have a few questions of my own. Can you point me to the Statuspage this is for? Is it also possible for me to access the page where you added the Status Embed?

Finally, can you also help me understand what steps you are taking to get this done and can you show me the error? Is this happening when you use the statusEmbedTest() command in your test or somewhere else.

If you are on an active non free page, also feel free to raise a support ticket with us.

I hope you have an excellent day!

Regards,

Jesse K

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events