It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why Does StatusPage ask to reset password at first logon?

I setup SSO using SAML2 (AzureAD) when I first logged on with my new account StatusPage asked to reset my password. Shouldn't my credentials be parsed to my StatusPage account?

I can't seem to locate a setting where I can turn the off. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Freddy,

When logging in as a team member (admin) to the Statuspage Management Portal for the first time, you are always requested to set a password. This is done to ensure that if, for some reason the SSO restriction was removed, your account has a username/password combination that was set by you the user.

Customers request Statuspage Support to disable SSO when there are issues with the IDP or changed configurations that were not updated. In this scenario Support has the option to temporarily disable SSO and allow you to login with a username/password. Not having a password set would be an unnecessary security risk.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

Try our new Incident Communication Template Generator

Your customers need to know when your software isn't working as expected - but knowing what to say or how to say it isn't always easy, especially in the heat of the moment. To help make incide...

355 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you