Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to showcase regions

Albert Tai October 18, 2022

Hi folks,

We have two separate regions (Canada, U.S.) and wanted to show incidents resulting in the two separate regions. What is the best way to show that on status page? 

Is it to create different pages or is it to create more components that can somehow be filtered by JS? 

1 answer

0 votes
Arumugam M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2022

Hi @Albert Tai,

This is Arumugam from Atlassian Support. I'm here to help!

I understand that you would like to know the best approach to building a page that deals with multiple regions. 

We have a feature called component grouping and using this you can group segregate and group the components based on their region. 

So when you create an incident, you can choose the component from the respective region and create the incident. 

Here is an example page for your reference. 

You can learn more about component grouping here

Regards, 

Arumugam

Youval Zilberberg March 16, 2023

Thanks for the suggestion Arumugam but what if you have a component group with many children?

For example, I have a 10 component groups each with 3-4 children underneath. Can I have a parent to the 10 component groups calling one CANADA and a second called US?

Is StatusPage only limited to a two level hierarchy?

Arumugam M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2023

Hey @Youval Zilberberg , 

Thank you for your question. 

I understand that you would like to know if it is possible to group components on multiple levels. 

As per our current design, we only support one level for grouping. However, we do have a feature request to allow grouping in multiple levels and STATUS-43 is the feature request id for it. 

Thanks,

Arumugam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events