Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the CSS and Javascript code to add the subscribers button on custom header?

Jonathan Rodriguez April 3, 2023

I've been trying to add some more elements to my internal statuspage by modifying the code in the Custom Header section but this removes my logo and subscribers button.

What's the code to manually add the button upon customizing the header?. Please share the CSS and HTML/javascript code.

I've seen this to remove it:

<script>

$(function() {

$('.updates-dropdown-container').remove();

});

</script>

But what's the code to manually enable it. Of course I know that using the customized section overrides the header, nonetheless I think this can be manually added with some .add() function or something..

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Jonathan Rodriguez,

This is Darryl, Statuspage Support. I am here to help. 😀

Understand that you would like to add some custom Javascript snippets to the Custom Header HTML section.

First of all, before moving forward to customize the HTML/CSS/Javascript of your Statuspage, you must set up the Custom Domain for your Statuspage, otherwise, the changes will not take any effect.

Furthermore, the Header section is majorly for updating the metadata of this page, e.q. for Search-Engine-Optimization. We suggest moving your snippets to the "Custom Footer HTML" section to take effect.

Last, here I attach an article that has listed out some example snippets for various objectives for your reference. --> https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/css-and-javascript-snippets-for-customizations/

Please understand that assistance with snippet customization is outside our support scope, however, should you have other technical inquiries, please feel free to contact Statuspage Support via this link.

We hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Jonathan Rodriguez April 5, 2023

Thanks, Darryl, adding the code in the custom footer section partially solves the problem but removes the existing footer. Nonetheless I think that could be my main solution for now until something else can be figured out. 

On the other hand, I cannot set up the Custom Domain since the page I'm working on is private by design and not public.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2023

Hi @Jonathan Rodriguez,

It's wonderful to know that moving the snippets from the header to the footer works, so well done.

Thank you for bringing this up regarding the Custom Domain. You're right; this function is only accessible through Public pages, and I should have made that clear in the response.

Private pages allow for page customization without the need for a custom domain to be setup.

Should you have any further inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact Statuspage Support via this link.  

We hope you will enjoy using Statuspage.😀

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events