Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are in need of automating the creation of maintenance notifications via email

David Walkenhorst August 2, 2021

We are in need of automating the creation of maintenance notifications via email

Can we use emails sent from ISP's about maintenance to automate notifications status pages.

1 answer

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

Hello @David Walkenhorst ,

This can be done using Automation rules but depending on what the needs are for your use case the situation will vary widely. I recommend checking out the automation documentation as a general getting started reference point here:

But as an example scenario, if you have a project with issue tracking and scheduling completing a maintenance item, with the following criteria:

• when the 1st maintenance issue is complete the process calls for the next maintenance to occur in 2 weeks from the time the issue was completed
  • Then in two weeks send an email to a distribution list email on the due date of the second issue

To accomplish this when that first issue is complete you could have it create a new issue on the final transition with a due date 2 weeks out for the next time the maintenance operation needs to be done, then using a "Scheduled" trigger event to run once daily or weekly with a JQL filter to look for issues with a due date in the next weekday:

project = EXE AND due <= 7d

And add in a "Send E-mail" action to the scheduled rule with your mailing list details.

But please do check out the documentation, and let me know if you have a more specific scenario for how your project is set up and I can help you narrow down the rule to fit your needs better per your specific use case.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events