Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCAG AA Compliance required for our team

chandler.haukap
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2023

Our team wants to use use Statuspage for incident communication across multiple services, but out compliance department is concerned about accessibility of the user interface to someone with visual impairments. Specifically we have two concerns:

1) The status bars and uptime calendar cannot be focused on without the use of a computer mouse. Our blind test user was unable to receive the information conveyed by either of these features. The solution is to make the individual elements accessible using only the tab and enter keys. 

2) Color-blind users also have trouble understanding the uptime bars. someone with red/green blindness cannot distinguish between major incidents and no incidents. This would be resolved by using different icons, in addition to color, to convey uptime.

My team is hesitant to invest more heavily in the product if blind and color-blind users cannot participate in incident communication. Does Satuspage have a timeline for WCAG AA compliance?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2023

Hi @chandler.haukap ,

Happy to help! I would recommend having a Support Ticket submitted so that we can engage with the Accessibility team on these points. This will also allow us to connect your company with open requests for these Features with the Accessibility team so that we can potentially get an ETA on this and send you updates.

One option available for your second point could be to alter the colors used on the site via Site Customization. That can be accessed under Your Page > Customize Page > Colors:
Statuspage_-_Customize_page.jpg

Please reach out to us with that Support Ticket, and we will engage with the Accessibility Team accordingly!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events