Using multiple authentication types on private pages

Dragan Markovic November 18, 2022

I'm currently evaluating StatusPage and was wondering if the following is possible: 

Requirements: 

- Private page only not visible to public 
- We use azure SSO for internal domain users 
- We also have number of partners not on our domain that will need access to the same page 

Is it possible to have both SSO and Atlassian authentication for the same page or how would we go about accomplishing this? Not sure if we would need another Audience specific page to do this and does that mean we have to manage two pages simultaneously? 

Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2022

Hey Dragan,

For page-viewers it is not possible to have multiple forms of Authentication for a Private Statuspage subscription. Please see our documentation to learn how you can set up Authentication for Private Pages: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/require-saml-for-private-pages/ 

BR,

Dragan Markovic November 24, 2022

Thank you very much. With that being said I am using Trial mode which does not allow multiple pages to be created so i can't test the following scenario; if i was to create another audience-specific page using Atlassian authentication, would incident management and status changes be managed separately on each individual page? Or would we be able to create incidents, send updates, change statuses for Private page and have the same reflected on the audience specific page/group notifications. 

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2022

For two separate pages all the configurations and incidents will be managed separately.

Dragan Markovic November 24, 2022

Thank you very much !

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
November 25, 2022

You're most welcome! ☺️ 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2022

Hey Dragan,

Within your Statuspage organization, you create as many public/private/audience-specific pages within it as you'd like. When logged into manage.statuspage.io you select the page in the top left to open a drop-down to navigate between your organization's pages and add another page.

I will send below a few links on specific topics like page types, and how our SSO works in general.

User level and Different types of pages
Add a New Page 
Free Trial 
User level - Adding new users 

SSO
Require SAML for audience-specific pages 
Require SAML for private pages 

Basics
Statuspage Basics 

Best,
Rafa

Dragan Markovic November 23, 2022

Thank you very much. With that being said I am using Trial mode which does not allow multiple pages to be created so i can't test the following scenario; if i was to create another audience-specific page using Atlassian authentication, would incident management and status changes be managed separately on each individual page? Or would we be able to create incidents, send updates, change statuses for Private page and have the same reflected on the audience specific page/group notifications. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events