Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using New Relic Synthetic Metrics inside StatusPage

Adam January 15, 2021

Heya,

This has been an ongoing question for about the past year with statuspage, how on earth does the Metric integration really work with StatusPage and NewRelic?

The Documentation seems to be really outdated with porting your data over to statuspage which can be found here.

So what my question is, can I use my Synthetic Monitors Data with statuspage? As it seems to be a really conflicted question without an answer. When connecting New Relics Rest API it receives the common error:

"Remote validation of your credentials failed, or you have no applications associated with your account."

Any help would be appreciated on whether synthetics is supported, and it would be nice for an update from Atlassian about this to clear some things up.

Thanks! :)

Adam

2 answers

0 votes
Ronaldo Raivil August 10, 2021

Any updates on this?

I've setup the integration with Newrelic but I'd like to get data from Newrelic Synthetics monitors displayed on the status page.

Adam August 10, 2021

Hey Ronaldo,

as far as I'm aware they have updated their page on how to go about doing this, though as stated synthetic monitors are not supported between new relic and status page, only APM.

This is due to Atlassian using the outdated API (RestAPI), one day they may port over to the new API system which will support synthetics, but only time will tell.

Like Ronaldo Raivil likes this
0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2021
Adam January 16, 2021

Hey, Yes I've reviewed their entire community thread along with this one as well, but it's still very unclear. All we need is some clarification and currently, everyone's just pointing fingers at the other person.

"I do want to add that it seems as though their documentation is out-of-date when it comes to finding the REST API key."

"If that’s the case - we’ll need you to work with Atlassian on the issue. They created that integration, so we don’t have visibility into how it is supposed to work."

It does, however, seem like the issue is common, as people are lost.

Like razvanmitre likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events