Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uptime Robot

David Mendez August 31, 2020

Just wondering if there was a way that I can publish from Uptime Robot to Statuspage.io? We have a lot of services that we are pinging for availability. I am not sure if there is another service that can integrate well with Statuspage that can serve the same purpose (PING). We love the Statuspage options and would love to integrate what we currently have with UptimeRobot. Thank you all. 

3 answers

0 votes
lucas_bouvy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Hello guys, 

Just in case someone stumbles upon this like I just did, you don't need to use email shenanigans to make the setup work, if you go to the component and click "Automations", you can find the account activation email sent by uptime robot. 

The email will be marked as ignored as it doesn't contain expected keywords in the subject, but you can still show it using "show email" button. 

Then you will find the link allowing to activate the account, which will redirect you, and that's where there's a subtelty : this link will redirect you to an URL that looks like this (I redacted my codes)
https://uptimerobot.com/inc/dml/userDML.php?action=activateAlertContact&alertContactID=[redacted]&activateAlertContactActivationCode=[redacted]
You just need to remove the "&amp" in that URL, and it will work properly and activate the account

0 votes
Greta Mendoza December 15, 2020

Hello,

I think i resolve this. I configured Uptime Robot with notification to my personal email (gmail) and then in gmail i created a filter to forward every mail from Uptime Robot to the status page component. 

To do this you also need the verification email, but in this case the verification email from google apper to me in the status page component automation section and just click in the "Show email details" link I was able to obtain the link to verify the email. 

And its working now.

*The verification email from uptime robot never apperead in the status page componente automation.

0 votes
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2020

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out. This is Egor here with the Statuspage support team.

Uptime robot is not officially supported, but we have seen some customers successfully set up Uptime Robot with Email Automation (https://help.statuspage.io/help/getting-started-with-email-automation). That said, Uptime Robot sends confirmation emails that need to be clicked through, and we've seen some customers have problems with that - the ones that are successful have never told us how they got around it.

Best Regards,
Egor

Trevor Mack
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

I set this up on a test instance today and there was no need to verify the statuspage.io email address for this to work (at least for a test notification send) immediately after testing a monitor setup in UptimeRobot with the statuspage.io component specific email in place it showed up in the associated Statuspage.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events