Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Previous Status Page Incident

Kunwar Vaibhav Singh December 8, 2023

Hi Team,

I want to update the previous status page incident body record but how to get incident_update_id. I'm aware about incident_id but not incident_update_id.

Please guide me.

https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/incidents/{incident_id}/incident_updates/{incident_update_id}

1 answer

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2023

Hello @Kunwar Vaibhav Singh 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community. This is Mubeen from Statuspage support team.

To use the option to update a previous incident update you need incident_update_id to get it you will need to use the 'Get an Incident' endpoint from the Statuspage API.

- The initial requirement is you will make a GET request to the '/pages/{page_id}/incidents/{incident_id}' endpoint. 

- This will return a JSON object with details of the incident, including an "incident_updates" array section. Each item in the incident_updates array represents a previous update to the incident and includes an "id" field. This "id" is the "incident_update_id" you are looking for.

- Once you have the "incident_update_id", you can use it in the 'PATCH /pages/{page_id}/incidents/{incident_id}/incident_updates/{incident_update_id}' endpoint to update the specific incident update.

I hope the details provided are helpful

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events