Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to preview backfilled incident on StatusPage

dimitar.bojchev November 22, 2021

Hello,

Need some help with backfilling incidents on the status page. 

Namely, in some cases, we are experiencing incidents with a short duration on which we are not able to inform the customers in timely manner, therefore, trying to use the backfill incident fuction.

Howerver when backfilling an incident and adding a postmortem after publishing it is not visible on the statuspage. Can you help me with how can we make the backfilled incidents visible on the status page for the customers? 

We are using an audience-specific Status page

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2021

Hello Dimitar,

Thanks for reaching out about backfilling an incident with component information. In your case, the following steps would be most useful:

Incident backfill:

1. Create a new incident and make sure the notifications are turned off so subscribers aren't confused about the incident. I would leave the messaging on the incident as TEST to make it clear that it isn't a brand new incident (you can edit this later). It's also important to add any components related to the incident but make sure you leave them as functional since they aren't broken right now.
  2. After the incident is created, immediately resolve the incident, again making sure notifications are off and to use language not intended to cause confusion.
  3. Once it has been resolved, go into the incidents section and edit this incident. You can do this by clicking on the pencil icon that appears when you hover over an incident. From here you can change the dates and times on these, as well as edit the text to reflect the actual incident. After that has been set, you can move on to your components.

Components:

1. Navigate to the components section, find the component and click on edit
  2. Find the Uptime History and click on the box for the day you wish to edit (please note that this section needs to be enabled to edit the history)
  3. On the pop up that appears, enter in the amount of time that the component was down as either a total outage or a partial outage (whichever is applicable).

This will allow your customers to see the backfilled incident. It's important to have the components since this is an audience specific page so this method should allow you to show the information you wanted.

I hope this helps and I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events