Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a metric for a source:Datadog results in no change or information

First Last October 26, 2021

I am attempting to add a Datadog metric for Statuspage.  As far as I can tell, the third party datasource is properly linked, and when I copy a query from one of my monitors, nothing seems to be happening when I attempt to click the "Add metric" button.  I do not see an error providing me information about an invalid metric or query, nor does it inform me that it cannot handle that query.

Does anyone have any advice on this particular issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Hi there,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thank you for the question about the Datadog metrics. I would actually double check that your API and application keys are set correctly. I know that we currently have an open issue right now where you can type anything in there and it will consider it valid so if anything is off, it will look fine but no data will come through.

When you run the query, it should go through a process to grab the backfilled data so if you see nothing, either those keys are incorrect in someway or you are grabbing more than what is contained in the q section of your request: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-a-datadog-metric/

Finally, please also check your URI that you are using. If you are not hosted on one of the listed sites in the URI, the requests will also not work. We are looking to add the others but currently, we only have the two that you see when creating the metric.

Hope that helps. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions about this.

Regards,
Jesse

First Last October 28, 2021

Oh!  I had not assumed it was allowing anything inside the connection.  I had placed the ID and key of my Application API key, and that was the issue.  Swapping to both an API Key and an Application Key fixed it. 

For anyone else who might have this issue, you must supply both an API Key, and an Application Key for Datadog. 

Like # people like this
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Awesome to hear that worked out! I will make sure to send the feedback to the team for when they make those fields mandatory and has them check for valid keys. Thanks again!!!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events