cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of Statuspage UI and incidents

Jeremy Guillory
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

I need to localize/translate the Statuspage UI and the incident content. I do not want to use localize.js because our company already has its own language resources, processes, and tools. What other ways are there (using the Statuspage API or other means) to localize the content and to allow users to switch languages from Statuspage.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2024

Hello Jeremy,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for your question about alternatives to using Localize.js.

All Localize is doing is using JavaScript to manipulate the page text from one language into another so the alternative would be to do that manually using the custom HTML, CSS, and JS features.

I don't have any more details on how to accomplish this, mainly because customizations can be taken in so many directions and be accomplished in so many different ways. While I can't guarantee this will work for you, I found a jQuery plugin that can do translations:

https://github.com/tinoni/translate.js

This might be a good starting point as an alternative.

Hopefully, this helps you out!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events