Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Site to a Different Organization

Allen Vanegas Diaz January 24, 2023

As mentioned in https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/transfer-products-to-another-organization/ . I am requesting to transfer a site to a different organization. Please let me know what information you need to enable that option.

1 answer

1 vote
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Allen Vanegas Diaz ,

As long you don't have multiple sites and are not on the new UI you should be able to move the products to another org yourself using these instructions.

If you don't have multiple sites but are on the new UI, please open a support ticket so we can move you off the new UI so you can complete the transfer. 

To check whether you have multiple sites and are on the new UI can you follow the below steps from the docs:

Does your organization have multiple sites?

This is the main reason many customers can’t merge their organizations.

To check if you have multiple sites:

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one.

2. Select Products.

3. In the sidebar, check how many sites are listed under Sites and Products.

If there’s more than one site URL listed, you have multiple sites. You will not be able to merge your organizations if either the source or destination organization has multiple sites.

It’s important to note that if you have an Enterprise plan, the organization is considered to have multiple sites, even if only one site is listed, and you won’t be able to merge.

Do you have the improved user management?

Once you’ve confirmed that both the source and destination organizations only have one site and don’t have an Enterprise plan, you’ll need to check whether you have the improved user management.

To check if you have the improved user management:

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one.

2. Select Directory.

3. In the sidebar, check whether Users and Groups are listed.

If Users and Groups ARE NOT listed in the sidebar you don’t have the improved user management, and will be able to transfer your site. Learn how to transfer all products to another organization

If Users and Groups ARE listed in the sidebar for either the source or destination organization, you will not be able to transfer the site yourself. Our support team may be able to turn off the improved user management for you, so the transfer can be completed. Contact our support team to discuss your options.

If you plan to create a new organization as part of your move (rather than use an existing organization) talk to our support team first, so they can make sure it’s set up to make the move as straightforward as possible.

Allen Vanegas Diaz January 25, 2023

Hi John,

Thank you for your answer. I guess I should have mentioned I am in the Free Plan and new UI. According to the instructions, this needs to be requested through the community as Free Plans can't submit tickets.

Let me know what else is needed to proceed.

Regards,

Allen

I just got confirmation that a ticket got submitted from our organization that has a paid plan (SPSP-2958). I wrote here because the organization I manage is using the Free Plan and those need to go through the Community, and a team member submitted the ticket through the organization that has a paid plan as well.

My post and that ticket are for the same thing, so just let me know through which of the two channels we could get assistance sooner and we can drop the other.

Thank you,

Allen

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2023

@Allen Vanegas Diaz SPSP-2958 looks like a completely different request. Can you please have one of the admins from langara.atlassian.net submit a support ticket? We cannot make any changes to that account without approval from one of the site admins. 

Hi John, sorry I missed a digit: SPSP-29589. It seems to be in progress now, so I assume we can continue in the ticket.

I apologize for the duplicate request, but I couldn't find in the instructions whether the admins of the paid product need to request this (through a the ticket) or the person with the free plan does so (through Community, as suggested for free members) when it comes to two Atlassian organizations that have different plans/billing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events