cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party feed isn't triggering update to our page

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Our Statuspage is configured to monitor two feeds from Auth0:

Screenshot 2021-04-20 202549.png

Auth0 have had an outage:

Screenshot 2021-04-20 202635.png

but nothing changed on our Statuspage. We've had to manually add an incident in order to reflect the fact that Auth0 is having a problem.

Why has this happened? I thought the whole point of the third party connections was to simplify the monitoring & display of issues from those third parties.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Allen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi there, I can't say for sure, but if per the documentation here https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-a-third-party-component/: 

My third-party component is down, what happens?

Depending on the status we parse or have from the external service's status page, we will auto-degrade your third-party component accordingly.

For example, if Mailgun is reporting degraded performance for outbound delivery, Statuspage auto-degrades the component on your page as well. Once Mailgun switches their status back to operational, Statuspage auto-updates your third-party component status back to operational.

We do not send any notifications for third-party status changes to your subscribers.

Potentially, they may have flipped there's after you noticed the problem and flagged it. 

If you want to get to the bottom of this, you should definitely file a ticket with support, https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/. 

Cheers!

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Unfortunately, I can't file a ticket with support because we're currently on the free plan. We're on the free plan because we're still evaluating Statuspage and this failure to feed through the notification from Auth0 hasn't helped.

I hadn't realised that third-party status changes aren't fed to subscribers either. So using the third-party feed is a complete waste of time for us and now we'll have to implement our own proactive monitoring of Auth0.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events