The status pages gets auto updated in every X minutes which caused the below issues

Shivraj Waghmare September 9, 2021

• If 'Subscribe to Incident' pop-up is opened, it gets closed once the auto-update happens
  • When the user is working on any other tab or browser, the status page interrupts the current work and gets launched on top of the current browser once the auto-update happens

How to solve this issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021

Hello Shivraj,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thank you for reaching out to the community.

These functions of Statuspage updating are in part to keep everything up to date especially when incidents are in play so the auto refresh is meant to be in place. I am unsure why it is causing the issue when someone works on another tab. I have not see that happen in my browser after testing it for a while. Maybe there is a specific browser setting that is causing this to happen?

Anyways, the way to change this would need to be done through custom code. We have nothing built in for this auto update and unfortunately that means we don't really have any information on how to use custom code to remove this. My apologies for not being able to provide more. If others in the community have experienced this, hopefully they can help get you started!

Thanks so much for your time!

Regards,

Jesse

0 votes
Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021

Hi Shivraj,

I attempted to replicate this within my account. Whenever I have the subscribe to incident box up it remains up. I do not see any sort of auto-update. Could you clarify the auto-update you are noticing? Perhaps sending a screen share of the observed action. 

This would ensure we are understanding the full scope of the issue and how it is impacting you.

We look forward to hearing back from you on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events