Subscription via email DL

mallappar March 4, 2021

I am using the email DL to subscribe to StatusPage updates for Incident and Maintenances that are posted to StatusPage. There are nearly 300 users in the DL. But no one in the email DL is getting the email notification from  the StatusPage. Just wanted to know if the email DL is supported to receive email notifications?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Hey @mallappar ,

Thanks for reaching out. DL's are supported but not encouraged since they can cause some problems.

• Users in the DL can hit unsubscribe, which will then unsubscribe the whole DL.
  • DL's can sometimes get blocked by our email provider if there are multiple bounces.

Please reach out to us via a support ticket so we can take a look and see what's going on!

Cheers.

angelo.gouvis October 28, 2022

Hi Atlassian Support,

In my use case, our intent was to use a company-hosted email DL so that when employees from our company want to subscribe to our own Statuspage instance, it won't cause impact to the 5,000 subscriber limit.

I understand the risks above, but if we were to set expectations internally with our employees to *not* use the Statuspage Unsubscribe feature, but rather our corporate email DL tools, that might be a viable workaround (but I understand there is still a risk that someone internally won't do the right thing).  Worst case, if that happens, we can just re-subscribe the internal DL, correct?  Thoughts?

Also, is there a way to remove/raise the 5,000 subscriber limit?

Thanks,

Angelo Gouvis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events