Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriber Login to Statuspage

John Walker November 16, 2023

Hi

General question.  We have a statuspage which is currently open/public.  We are considering moving this to be behind a login and I've seen other statuspage.io customers do that - so I have to enter credentials to be able to access.

While I've searched through the documentation I sadly need help pointing me to where this is documented, how it's done, how to migrate/change etc.

We've got a few thousand subscribers that we'd want to have to login to access if we decide to move that way

Thanks for any help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2023

Hey @John Walker ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

The only page type that allows logging in with a username/password to view a Statuspage is Audience Specific. 

The other option is a Private page which allows page viewers to login using SSO/Google Auth or via a specific IP. For this plan, subscribers are only counted when somebody subscribes, not when they visit and view the page. This is basically just a public page locked down via SSO.

If you have more questions regarding how to transition to one of these page types, feel free to submit a ticket via admin.atlassian.com.

Best,
Abraham 

John Walker November 20, 2023

Abraham - thanks for that.  Have read the through in more detailed the audience specific pages.  

A follow on question if I may.  

Are subscribers (that I currently have) the same as Page Access Users (as defined in the API - those that can access Audience Specific Pages?

I will be raising a ticket to Atlassian - but that definition of Subscriber/Page Access Users has me a little confused. 

Thanks in advance

Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2023

Hey @John Walker ,

They are somewhat the same. 

Page Access Users are page viewers who authenticate to view your page and subscribe to notifications. This term is only used for Audience Specific pages since users have to be added explicitly to view the page and subscribe.  

Subscribers are just users who have viewed your page and decided to subscribe. This term is used for Public/Private pages since you don't have to explicitly give them access to your page. 

Best,
Abraham 

John Walker November 20, 2023

Thank you so much

Rosa M Fossi April 26, 2024

@John Walker  Hello John, I was curious how your transition went.  We don't have Statuspage setup, but instead of starting with a Public, we were thinking of starting with a Private one and enforcing SSO for anyone hitting the page.

@Abraham Musalem   In your comment you mentioned

The other option is a Private page which allows page viewers to login using SSO/Google Auth or via a specific IP. For this plan, subscribers are only counted when somebody subscribes, not when they visit and view the page. This is basically just a public page locked down via SSO.

Am I able to implement two SSO methods? We have internal and external stakeholders...  but we don't use the same SSO / SAML 🤔

Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2024

Hey @Rosa M Fossi ,

No, private pages only support one SSO provider. Your best bet here would be to just take out two private pages for each. 

Regards,
Abraham 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events