Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage postmortem publication

GeorgeZ May 6, 2021

We noticed a couple of things which I would be grateful for your views on:

1. When we published a postmortem the email notification inherited a line with a colour reflecting the original incident impact.  

Is it possible to remove the line or to set it as green as it does not feel right to have a colour other than operational at this stage of the life-cycle (there were no other incidents occurring at the time of publication)

2.  Having the original subject heading pop up in a subscribers inbox could lead to premature heart failure! Is there some best practice for what we should consider when publishing postmortems so email notifications are clearer they are postmortem and not a new incident (ie by adding postmortem to the email subject)?

3.  We noticed that some staff were directed to our statuspage default view rather than the actual postmortem when using the link in the postmortem notification email.  Trying again appeared to direct them to the postmortem directly.  I am unclear what could be causing the inconsistent experience using the link - any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hey GeorgeZ,
Egor here with the StatusPage team, thanks for reaching out!

1. It's expected to have a Yellow, orange, red or black line in the notification. It's depending on the impact of the incident. If there's a minor impact - yellow color, if major - red, and so on. That would be a good feature request to have a green line showing that the incident is resolved and the component is operational. We already have a ticket logged for that and I'm going to link this community post to it; 

2. I understand your frustration here and agree that it might cause confusion for your subscribers. Happy to let you know that we're working on it and we have a ticket opened to our Development team to implement the difference between new incidents and postmortems; 

3. Could you please specify, are you using a public, private or audience-specific page? There's a chance that for the first time when the user is trying to access the page via the link - this user has to authenticate and then redirected automatically to the main page. When this user clicks the link for the second time - he's being redirected directly to the postmortem. 

Should you need any other information or help, please do let me know.

Best wishes,
Egor

GeorgeZ June 18, 2021

Hi Egor,

Many thanks for the updates above.
Re 1 & 2 - great, many thanks.

3.  This was experienced on a Private page.  I think your description accurately reflects our experiences.  Is there anyway for the target URL to be resumed following authentication?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events