Statuspage impact - email colour

GeorgeZ May 6, 2021

Hi,

There is a line of colour that reflects the impact of the incident within the email notification.  We recently noticed this line remains red, amber or yellow in the resolved notification when our expectations are this should be green reflecting component statuses are now operational (green).

Is there something we can do about that ourselves or something Atlassian could look into?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hi @GeorgeZ 

Hope you are well smile

So the line colour relates to the impact of the Incident, So if you have an Incident that has an impact labelled as "Critical" the line will be red. If you change the impact throughout the incident then the coloured line in the email will change accordingly.

Similar to viewing the Incidents via the UI you can see the line colour relating to the impact of the Incident.

Image 2021-05-07 at 1.29.47 pm

This being said once an Incident is resolved the Impact will remain the same so it would not turn green in this situation.

Thanks,

Connor

Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

I will also be passing this feedback onto our team as changing that line to Green would mean it would change the meaning of what the line actually means which displays the impact of the Incident.

Thanks,

Connor

Like GeorgeZ likes this
GeorgeZ May 10, 2021

Thank you Connor.  This is in line with my understanding.

Please do feedback, the message I am receiving from my users is that by showing the impact at the point of resolution causes some confusion (anything other than green = not good).

That said we will try to explain this when we next provide some training.

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Hi Connor & George,

As a long-term Statuspage customer, I wouldn't want that line changing once an incident is resolved. We use that to indicate the severity of the incident (in fact all 20000 of our customers do). Providing the Components are set back to Operational I don't see the value in having an incident severity set to green. 

The email notification also has the title of 'Resolved' and the components show as green/operational.

That being said perhaps the product team could add a toggle or something but I certainly wouldn't want this changed across the board as default.

Thanks,
Nick

Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2021

Hi Nick,

Also very valuable feedback! Thank you for sharing your views on this to better help understand that our customers are using this. You are correct we wouldn't want this changing across the board as you mention it does serve a valuable purpose.

Thanks,

Connor

Like # people like this
GeorgeZ May 27, 2021

Thanks both,

That said we would certainly like to see something in the future that enables us to toggle this in the email customisation options.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events