Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage checking custom domain uptime

Manuel Rodriguez September 28, 2020

Hello, 

I'm tryin to get more information on how the integration between Statuspage and a thirdparty DNS endpoint, lets say in AWS can work within a Statuspage component automatically. In other works, im looking to monitor the uptime of my example.com server, in statuspage. Can someone point me to the documentation to perform this action? 

Thanks 

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi Manuel, welcome to the Community!

There are a couple things Statuspage can do with information coming from another system. But first - I want to call out that the information needs to come from a monitoring platform (Pingdom, New Relic, DataDog, Librato, Uptime Robot, etc) - Statuspage does not directly check to see if a website is up.

First, the actual status of a component can be updated by a monitor. Many monitoring systems have direct integration with Statuspage, but if your tool of choice doesn't have an out of the box integration, it's also pretty easy to trigger component changes via email. You can also use the REST API to interact with your page and its components. 

Once the components are getting updated, you can enable historical uptime for the component. This shows a calendar-like view of any past service degradations or outages, as well as all the uptime you've had.

screenshot of uptime incidents

Secondly, you can display system metrics such as API response times using system metrics . These are more in-depth than up/down information, and definitely require a dedicated monitoring platform to send the information to Statuspage. It's worth getting to understand system metrics by reading the link, but for your purposes I think the historical uptime is likely what you're after.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events