Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage and Localize autoapprove translations

GeorgeZ April 8, 2022

Hi,

We have been keen to implement the Localize integration with Statuspage for some time and recently was able to progress this.

I took note of the Localize and Atlassian help pages

I ran into difficulty when it came to making this a pragmatic feature for use with our Statuspage use-case as:

• The 'autoapprove' initialisation option was not able to be used successfully - this should publish new phrases to be machine translated and moved automatically to the published queue.  Without this every new phrase requires manual approval in the Localize tool.
  • Upon looking for a workaround there were no more Atlassian Localize project accounts left which meant I was the only person in my org to have the ability to manually approve translations.

I had logged this with support which confirmed the Localize initialisation options are pre-defined in code un-editable by Statuspage users and there were no further Localize accounts left (meaning I would have to purchase a project directly with Localize).  

I also requested help with creating a feature request in relation to the 'autoapprove' option (STATUS-330).

I am really keen to get this working however for a tool with a primary aim to speed up publishing of incident notifications the implementation of the Localize here is not currently practical for us.

I was wondering if:

• Any information could be shared on the future for this integration (is it still a trial, will it be expanded)?
  • Has any other customer in this forum had a similar experience?
  • Are there any workarounds/fixes or other ways to go about achieving the same outcome that are not mentioned above?

Many thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @GeorgeZ ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help.

Thank you for your interest in translating your Statuspage using Localize.js. We have completed our beta period and it is now possible to create your own Localize account to use with your Statuspage. This means that we are no longer sending the Statuspage specific invite that we were using during the beta period, which means you will need to create your own Localize account in order to translate your page. You can do so by going here and signing up: https://localizejs.com/

As for the `autoapprove`, this feature doesn't sound like a configurable item on Statuspage. If it's a setting that exists on the Localize's UI, please consider reaching out to the Localize Support Team via this link.

Thank you and hope you can understand that.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

GeorgeZ April 8, 2022

Thanks, that does clarify the status of the beta and that now the feature is dependant on customers signing up with Localizejs directly.

Autoapprove is an option within the Localize code snippet that the Statuspage user to insert within the custom HTML header.

I did reach out to Localize and they mentioned this should work outside of the Atlassian Localize project:

"There are some limitations to your Localize account and usage given that you're using Localize as an Atlassian customer - that is, the version of Localize that Atlassian has given you access to comes with some limitations that Atlassian controls. The ability to "auto translate" or auto publish translations is an option that Localize supports and plenty of our customers use, however you'd have to set up your own instance/account with Localize in order to get access to it"

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @GeorgeZ ,

Thanks for the clarification and the details.

In this way, the only way to have the `autoapprove` feature is to create your own Localize account and reach out to the Statuspage Support Team for the next step.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

Hi @GeorgeZ ,

Meanwhile, given that there are some restrictions including the `autoapprove` on the Localize account under the parent account, Atlassian customer, will you consider moving out and using your own Localize account instead?

If yes, please reach out to Statuspage Support and let us know so that we can help you with this objective.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

GeorgeZ April 19, 2022

Thanks Darryl,

I am investigating this with the Localize team and have a quick call with them on Friday to understand what type of account would be required to satisfy our use-case.  Following that I will reach out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events