Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage - Webhook to Webex

Henry Belk December 28, 2022

What would it take for Statuspage to support Webex webhooks? Would be helpful to support major platforms via webhooks. I added a webhook subscriber, but it doesn't send anything. I was able to test via Postman to send to the team, so it is working, just not with Statuspage.

https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/webhooks/create-a-webhook

https://apphub.webex.com/applications/incoming-webhooks-cisco-systems-38054-23307-75252

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2022

Hello Henry,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community and thanks for the question. I would be curious to know if you were getting any errors at all while going through the process of trying to setup the webhook notifications. I found an internal feature request around webhooks for Webex and it currently seems that the intent is that our normal webhook flow would work. If that is not the case, then we can add that to the feature request to get some eyes on it.

What I would recommend is to open a support ticket with us so we can dig into your Statuspage and take a look at the webhook and see if we are getting any errors returned on our side. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Regards,
Jesse

Henry Belk December 30, 2022

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for responding. Currently trying out the free account before deciding if we want to purchase. I didn't see any errors in my Statuspage console when trying to trigger it. Webex also doesn't give me an option to see any logs regarding webhooks. It just never went through. When I did a POST via postman.com, it went through immediately into the team.

I originally was trying to open a ticket to inquire, but since we are on a trial account, it directed me to the community forums.

Thanks

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2023

Hi Henry,

Thanks for that information. If you are on a trial account, you should be able to send us a support ticket but if you were on a free plan, then it would redirect you here. I just signed up for WebEx myself and subscribed my incoming webhook and it does look like I am experiencing the same thing. I will update the feature request we have open to show that it does not accept the Cisco webhooks so that it can be re-investigated by the team. Thanks again for all your time.

Regards,
Jesse

Like Henry Belk likes this
Jaspreet Singh February 12, 2023

@Jesse Klein  - Any updates on the above issue as we are not receiving any status updates on WebEx channels from your Atlassian powered Status Pages be it with your own product i.e. OpsGenie or be it with your supported BigPanda Status Page. 

We need this to be fixed on priority basis. Let me know if we have any development around?

Thanks,
Jaspreet Singh

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2023

Hello Jaspreet,

Thanks for reaching out. I do not have any specific updates regarding this request that we have open. While I relayed the information to the team regarding WebEx and the Webhooks, this is currently still not being worked. If this is something you need more information on or want to share your use case, I would recommend opening a support ticket with us at support.atlassian.com. Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events