Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage - User Emails that Bounce Back

Scott Palgon March 7, 2023

Is there an admin utility on Statuspage to identify emails that bounce back?  Subscribers could have email changes and/or disabled.  We would like to delete or unsubscribe these users.  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2023

Hi @Scott Palgon ,

If a user's address bounces notifications, that contact becomes "Quarantined" and will show up under that Tab in the Subscribers section of your Admin page. However, there isn't a way to identify what made them bounce on your end, apart from internal investigation. In those situations, I would recommend reaching out to us on a Support ticket with the Quarantined contacts, and we can use those check with our provider on why those bounced, and what you can do to prevent that going forward. But any current contacts bouncing emails will appear under the Quarantine section

Let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Scott Palgon March 9, 2023

Thanks @Shivam Naik .  I should've clarified in the original post that our Statuspage instance is setup with Audience-specific pages. 

I don't see the "Quarantined" section in the Audience section of the Admin site.  Is this feature available for Audience-specific setups? 

Thanks.

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2023

Hi @Scott Palgon

Thank you for clarifying! With Audience Specific pages, there isn't a designated Quarantine section where you can see those users unfortunately. There is a Feature Request open under STATUS-44 that addresses that, and I've added this request there.

In order to pull Quarantined users up on an Audience Specific page, you would need to use the Statuspage API to pull up a list of the Users from that instance, which would show if they were quarantined, and then delete and recreate the subscription for those users.

We'll continue to monitor the Feature Request to see if they can add that Quarantine section in to make things easier. The good news is that it's already through the Review process and set for consideration in a future release. There is no ETA at the moment, but once it becomes available, an announcement will be sent out.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events