Statuspage: Message Body Whitespace / Spacing

Scott Palgon January 19, 2023

When sending a notification (either incident or maintenance), the body of the email message looks correct and similar to the original message entered into the editor on the Statuspage Admin site. 

However, the body of the message on the Statuspage site has a lot of whitespace between each line of the message.  It appears to be double-spaced between each line, and does not look good. (see picture with email and website side-by-side). 

Is anyone else seeing this issue?  Is there something we should be doing in the editor of the Statuspage Admin site (i.e., HTML, CSS) in order to have a cleaner message body on the Statuspage website?  We've tried using hard line breaks (shift-enter) and copy/paste from notepad to remove any hidden characters.   

Thanks.

Statuspage Whitespace.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Hey Scott,

Thanks for reaching out about this. You can actually use HTML formatting inside there so I would try doing that to force the layout in the post. 

Let me know how it goes,

- Abraham 

Scott Palgon January 21, 2023

Hi Abraham, 

I tried a few times, and found this article on the limited tags available in incident messages. 

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-html-tags-in-incident-messages/

I'll keep playing with different options, but definitely something that can be improved, as it becomes somewhat cumbersome for team members to maintain.  Preferably this would be more user friendly. 

Thanks.

Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2023

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the feedback! I agree and will be sending this feedback back up to my product team. If you have any more questions or need anything else, don't hesitate to submit a ticket via support.atlassian.com. 

Hope you have a nice day,
- Abraham

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events