Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StatusPage.io v2 api subscribers endpoint not returning all subscribers

JasonT November 20, 2018

Hello,

We've been trying to migrate a process to use StatusPage.io's v2 endpoints but have run into trouble. It looks like the docs indicate that by default, GET /subscribers.json will return unlimited results (all subscribers), or 100 by default if a query is specified. However, we always get 50 results back, whether or not we specify a limit and/or if that limit is greater than 50. We also get the same offset returned (0) even when specifying page=2, for example.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi Jason,

In all the fun of standardizing APIs, things have gotten a little confusing in terms of which endpoint goes to which API (and which ones are being deprecated)!

From looking at your question, I think you might be trying to hit an endpoint at api.statuspage.io/v2/<endpoints> - these are depreciated. What you want for fetching all subscribers is api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/subscribers - we've got this documented here.

Clicking the dropdown arrow next to the endpoint path will provide you the full URL (still substitute in your page ID):
image.png

Doing that call with no arguments will return the full list of all subscribers to your page (unlimited results).

If you add some arguments with the q parameter, then you'll need to use the page parameter to cycle through the results as the maximum that will be returned per-page is 100.

Good luck with your Enterprising use of Statuspage! It sounds like you've spent a good deal of time on your integration since you're migrating between API versions.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

JasonT November 21, 2018

Thank you, my eyes are now open to the source of the problem and I think I have a better vue of the situation. Perhaps I will exercise creative license to make sure our application is ready.

Also, I recall now some email thread with Scott a while back talking about how the use of v1 and v2 can be a bit misleading. v1 is the one I want to go with.

Thanks!

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events