Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StatusPage emails fail DMARC, go to spam

Liam Hennessy June 3, 2024

I have subscribed to email notifications on the status pages of several users of StatusPage. Recently, their messages are going to my Gmail spam folder. I think that this is because they fail the DMARC check.

Here's an example taken from Gmail's "Show Original" feature. When DigitalOcean created an incident in StatusPage, StatusPage sent an email to subscribers via an email service (SendGrid).

Who has something configured incorrectly, StatusPage, SendGrid, or DigitalOcean?

--------------

Message ID <yzl464rhsqrg-1jtk2n4psdv7-2q4d9zst0q7g@statuspage.io>
Created at: Wed, May 29, 2024 at 5:47 AM (Delivered after 1 second)
To: <redacted>
Subject: DigitalOcean Incident - Kubernetes and App platform access for new user sign up. - 29 May 2024
SPF: PASS with IP 167.89.65.53 Learn more
DKIM: 'PASS' with domain sendgrid.net Learn more
DMARC: 'FAIL' Learn more

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2024

Hi @Liam Hennessy ,

Since SPF and DKIM both pass individually, the issue likely lies in domain alignment. The DKIM is passing with Sendgrid, but the 'from' address is statuspage.io - which is likely causing a DMARC failure due to the misalignment. 

If you can reach out to DigitalOcean and have them contact Statuspage support, we can look deeper into the matter, with their account access. 

Liam Hennessy June 5, 2024

Thanks John, I'll do that.

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events