Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status page webhooks

Benjamin VanCleave November 18, 2020

Using status page, I am subscribed to multiple webhooks from a few different third party services. 

How different is the JSON response between these webhooks? Is it all the same?

I've been referring to this link but see two types of JSON data

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-webhook-notifications/

Just wondering which JSON would be sent to the webhook endpoint

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2020

Hi Benjamin, welcome to the Community!

The two different JSON values on the page show the payloads for incidents (a particular time something happened) and components (each item that's listed on your status page, such as "API" or "Authentication"). A little more explanation around components is available here.

Typically when an incident is created, one or more components will be listed as affected. For example, on this recent Trello incident, both the API and Trello.com components were affected:

image.png

In the webhook payloads, there will be component and incident objects you can filter for. Depending on how you're consuming the webhooks, you might not need both the incident and components. For example, if you're putting the status of a service on a big traffic light in your office, you'd only really need the component payload, and just update your traffic light based on the status_indicator value.

I hope that explains the difference a bit, but I'm happy to provide more guidance if you've got a particular use-case you need help with.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events