'Status embed installed correctly' embed can't be closed (and is in wrong position)

pandammonium March 24, 2023

I added the recommended status embed to my self-hosted WordPress site in the top-right corner. I copied and pasted the code right before the closing `</body>` tag as instructed.

A 'Status embed installed correctly' embed appears in the centre-top of the page, as shown in the attached screenshot, whether I am logged in to my site or not, and pressing the x to close the embed does not close it: the embed is still there, telling me it's installed correctly. This has happened in every browser I tried (Firefox, Safari, DuckDuckGo, Opera and Chrome; the screenshot is from Chrome).

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 6.14.48 pm.png

When I added an incident and a maintenance warning, the 'Status embed installed correctly' embed did not show; instead, an embed appeared in the top-right corner of the website showing the correct incident/maintenance information, and went away when I clicked the x. After that, however, the 'Status embed installed correctly' embed returned.

I have disabled the embed until this can be fixed.

How can I stop the 'Status embed installed correctly' embed appearing?

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Hi @pandammonium,

This is Darryl, Statuspage Support. I am here to help. 😀

Understand that your Statuspage Embed gets stuck after this "Status embed installed correctly" message box.

To effectively investigate this issue, we recommend contacting Statuspage Support directly via this link and provide us with the following details:

• The code snippet you added to your Wordpress site.
  • Please follow this instruction to capture the HAR file recording the loading of your status embed and the event of clicking the "x" button.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

pandammonium March 28, 2023

Thanks Darryl! I've done that. Hopefully, it'll help you help me :)

Like Darryl Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events