Status Update SMS

Jessica Buhl October 24, 2022

At this time the SMS service does not send a message for the updates but only for initial notification and resolution notification.  Is there a way to enable the SMS feature to send out updates as well. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2022

Hey there Jessica, 

Thanks for writing into Statuspage Community, I'm Talar from the Atlassian team, happy to help.

At this time there the functionality is only to send SMS for creation + resolution as you mentioned. Having said this, we have a feature request in place with our product team requesting the option to be added. I have gone ahead and added your request to this ticket which will help its visibility. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Talar

santosh garbham October 27, 2023

Hi Talar, any timeline you could share on this? This would be interesting for our clients. If it is about cost, is there a pricing Atlassian could put on update sms?

Regards,

Santosh

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2023

Hi there Santosh, 

To be transparent with you, this is not a feature that is being considered by our Product and Engineering Team in the short term. The request is still in the "gathering interest" phase. 

Generally, Features are prioritized based on the product roadmap and customer demand. I have added your request to the feature request which should help this, but as mentioned, it's not currently being looked at.

Regards,
Talar 

santosh garbham October 30, 2023

Thanks for letting me know. If I may give some feedback, the end customer receives sms for the start and closure but nothing in between.. it is better to give a complete feature or not give at all. I do not understand the logic behind of Atlassian in releasing something intermediate like this.

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2023

Hey Santosh,

Thank you for your feedback it's much appreciated.

I can definitely understand the usefulness of end-users being able to receive SMS periodically during a service incident.

I've been having conversations with our engineers on this and they've mentioned that at this time it's not scalable and cost effective to have a feature like this implemented.

Having said that we will take your feedback on board as we value it and helps to gauge interest for future product planning. 

Regards,
Talar

0 votes
Demetris Adel September 4, 2023

I think there is no way to enable SMS to send updates.

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2023

Hi there Demetris,

Correct, at this time the functionality for SMS notifications is limited to creation and resolution of incidents. 

Regards,
Talar 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events