Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-opening Resolved Incidents

Kishan Patel June 24, 2021

Does anyone know if it is possible to re-open a resolved Incident in Status Page? I know this isn't best practise and once an incident has been resolved, any further occurrence of the issue should be a new incident, but surely there should be/ is a mechanism to re-open if done in error?

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hello Kishan,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Unfortunately, there is not currently a way for this to be done. We have made this by design to not allow an incident to be updated after it has been resolved. The reason for this has to do with transparency to subscribers. We think that it would make more sense to open a new incident in this case and highlight the error instead of reopening the incident.

That being said, I do know we have a feature request open to make changes so if there is enough interest, engineering can take another look at making this a feature. Thanks for the question!

Kishan Patel June 24, 2021

Thanks for the response Jesse. That's a shame, whilst I can understand that reopening a previously closed incident can be confusing for subscribers, if re-opened within a reasonable timeframe (<1 hour) I think it's less confusing than creating a new incident with the same reference number. This also means there's no impact from a reporting perspective as well, especially if there are certain obligations / commitments for auditing purposes.

Interesting point about the feature requests. Is there a way to view / vote on these? Thanks

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Totally understand Kishan,

We do not have a public Jira for raising and voting these requests but I have already added this to the ticket we have open for engineering. If you have access to raise support tickets, you may also request it there and we can link that ticket to the request. Thanks for sharing your information. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help.

Regards,

Jesse

Mary Lyon April 10, 2023

Hi @Jesse Klein 

Is there an update on this feature request you mentioned? We have this issue happen for us, and it's a huge disrupt for us to then have to communicate that "yes the issue is indeed still open. Here is the NEW incident to follow, etc." 

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2023

Hello Mary,

Thanks for reaching back out about the feature request. Right now, the ticket is in a gathering interest state still. The engineering team is waiting for more interest in the request before committing to changing it. I know it has been a few years since the request was made, but at this time, there has not been much interest from customer feedback, which has kept the priority low on the product team's roadmap. If you are interested, I recommend opening a support ticket with us, and we can continue to show continued interest in getting this created. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jesse

Melanie Barkhouse February 24, 2024

We actually had a technical issue in jira and in trying to fix the problem with the automation not working we accidentally sent a resolved comm with old information.

Because you cannot re-open a resolved incident, I have no way to send a proper updated comms. There should be a way to reopen an incident to account for other technical or human mistakes. You don't need to protect ourselves from ourselves.

1 vote
Arjun Venkatesh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2023

+1 for feature request 

Manisha Sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

+1 for feature request. We’ve had atleast three such cases in the last 30 days. It would make our lives easier if this feature was activated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events