Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFE: Disable updates to components "under maintenance"?

Tarjei Utnes May 25, 2021

Hi!

We have a statuspage for a large bank customer. We do planned maintenances typically in week-ends. When we do this it would be very beneficial if all updates to the components / incidents to the components for this maintenance stayed in their "Under maintenance" status and did not change according to the integrations.

The only solution I can think of is to disable the integration when the planned maintenance is ongoing, and then enable it afterwards. 

Suggestions for this?

PS: We are using OpsGenie as the integration for this

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi Tarjei,

If you're using automation to change the component statuses then you'll need to configure the automation to keep the statuses in 'Under Maintenance'. I'm not sure if this is doable for OpsGenie as I don't use this.

Thanks,
Nick

Tarjei Utnes May 26, 2021

I am not sure any of the integrations will "respect" the "under maintenance" on the Statuspage side.

But my hope was that this would be a future enhancement as Atlassian now owns and operates both Statuspage and OpsGenie.

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

It's a bit of shame but enhancements for Statuspage are not really monitored in the Community. It's something I'm going to raise with our CSM and also the Statuspage team to try and get something more solid in place for enhancements.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to raise a ticket with the Statuspage team outling in detail your enhancement: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

1. Select 'Technical issues and bugs'
  2. Select 'Statuspage'
  3. Fill out the ticket

One of the friendly support team will be able to get this logged into the backlog.

Tarjei Utnes May 26, 2021

Thank you Nick!

Trying that!

Like Nick Coates likes this
Aaron Hong May 26, 2021

Not sure about the direct integration, but here is what I've found experimentally:

1. Email automation will ignore "Down" subject lines if under scheduled maintenance
  2. Whatever the API does is overridden.

So an idea is to use email automation, instead of direct integration if OpsGenie supports custom email subject lines. Statuspage would just be another notification channel.

Source: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/get-started-with-email-automation/

it's important to note that automation emails will be ignored when there are live incidents or scheduled maintenances open on the page

In fact, I'm skimming through the community to see if there is some secret API property that would replicate the behavior of the Email Automation. If someone knows, please point me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events