Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postmortem

Katrina Pambid December 12, 2022

Is it possible to include all the incident details in the email? And how to share incident details to non subscriber if my page is audience specific page?

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Katrina Pambid,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😀

Feature Request

Including all the incident details in the Email notification for postmortem, it is not feasible in the current design and we do have an existing feature request for this.

The Feature Request is STATUS-58, please note that it's logged on our internal system without visibility to our customers, we will keep you posted.

Please note that our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Information of Audience Specific Page Sharing with non-subscribers

Regarding sharing the incident details of an Audience Specific Page to non-subscribers, unfortunately, this is also not feasible as it's against the concept of an Audience Specific Page.

Documentation

Here I quote from the documentation above:

What are audience-specific pages?

In Statuspage, you can create public, private, or audience-specific pages to control your page audiences. Audience-specific is a page type with pre-specified users and groups who have viewing and subscription permissions.

Pre-specified users and groups can view audience-specific pages. The main reasons you may want to use an audience-specific page is for security and usability because you can:

1. Set permissions for who can view these pages and what notifications they can receive.

2. Choose what components and information is visible so that users and groups see only what is of interest to them.

Hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Katrina Pambid January 17, 2023

Hi, can I get an update on this? STATUS-58

Also? Can i check, once the ticket is resolved, any changes from the description wont trigger another email correct?

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Katrina Pambid,

The STATUS-58 is still under evaluation as our team analyze and prioritize all feature request tickets at the same time.

Regarding your extended question, do you mean the "Message" section of the Incident? Or the contents in the Postmortem?

From what I just tested, after an Incident is closed, neither the changes in the "Message" or the "contents" of postmortems won't trigger any notifications.

If there is any unusual notifications require investigation, please feel free to create a support request to Statuspage Support Team via this link -> https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee

Katrina Pambid January 18, 2023

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my questions. Appreciate it.

Is there a way we can trigger the email notification again once the incident is resolved? Since the postmortem email doesnt provide any information (just a link).

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2023

Hi @Katrina Pambid,

Unfortunately, in the current design, it's not possible to publish any further notifications for a resolved incident.

Feature Request

We see how significant this is to you and your business, so I have submitted a feature request with the information mentioned above.

The feature request ticket is STATUS-68.

What's next?

We will keep you updated because all Statuspage Feature Request tickets are recorded on our internal system, which is not accessible to our customers.

Please note that our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

h3. Appreciation
We greatly appreciate your thoughts on how we might make Statuspage better; it really helps.

In the meanwhile, we apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations caused by this inadequate functionality.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee

Katrina Pambid January 27, 2023

Hi,

Any update on this STATUS-68? We are hoping to launch the page soon and sharing postmortem details is important to us.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2023

Hi @Katrina Pambid,

Thanks for following up with this feature request.

As per my last checking, STATUS-68 is still under evaluation for gathering more similar requests from our customers, 

As mentioned earlier, our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events