Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to send API calls without triggering a real notification to customers?

Daniel Thurston June 7, 2021

We would like to give lower access employees the ability to raise Status Page alerts via a job in our CI/CD server. We have concerns about API calls spamming our current Status Page subscribers accidentally while we are testing.

I have been reading over the documentation, and not seeing anything such as a safeguard flag to guarantee alerts do not go live to our customers accidentally.

Does such a feature API parameter exist?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you are testing, I would recommend creating another page and testing with that to avoid any information going to your customers. At Broadcom we have a 'Sandbox' page that we created and we do all our testing there.

I would also suggest that once putting automating in place, there are safeguards from the CI/CD server in case of false positives etc. We've disabled automation across all our pages as this happened to us & it was not a great experience for our customers or the business.

Thanks,
Nick

Daniel Thurston June 9, 2021

Thank you, I never realized you can have multiple pages (without creating new accounts).

Wiki page that may help others in the future:
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/add-a-new-status-page/

Like Nick Coates likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events