Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification emails are not sent.

Katerina Andrea CEJAS June 11, 2021

Hi! 

We wanted to change the default email address (noreply @ ...) to an email address of our company. We have configured the DNS records as the StatusPage indicated. In the StatusPage documentation it says that we had to wait 24 hours to receive notification emails of incidents. It's been 3 days and we still haven't received any emails. In the DNS configuration all the records are correctly validated. How can we solve this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi Katerina,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you mind sharing the domain that you replaced in the send from address? Also could you share your Statuspage as well? I'll take a look and see if I can find anything that may be obvious in terms of an issue. If not, then the next step would be to reach out to the Atlassian Support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Thanks,
Nick

Hi! We put "disponibilidad@edenor.com" in the sender's address. Our Statuspage is private, would you prefer that I send you a screenshot of a specific part of the DNS settings or another part? 

Thanks!!

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

@Katerina Andrea CEJAS Ah, yes please share a screenshot of the DNS page and I'll take a look to see if anything obvious jumps out!

Apparently all the records are validated and appear correctly uploaded. That's the weird thing!

dns.PNG

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

It might be nothing but when I query the DNS for one of the TXT DKIM records it's returning the start with value: which I don't think is correct. I've checked several other pages (including 5 of my own) and they return the DKIM without value:

nickcoates@Nicks-Air ~ % dig txt k1._domainkey.edenor.com +short         

"value: k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDS10z9Jv3m8VzJKxHG4GLoYAohjQENPN2BhCL0u0xMOmvcgv/hI6bJ88ul3QMh2A2HSkfNaukmppTTbgXt7ylbr/7agx1k0weaEvc4rZyWiJlfMyz5X+hl/fZ4mf00rp3AxD3mMvv7fJWs6Sqce7Ve9uJGih+6XeZ39g7zE35YKwIDAQAB"

DKIM is very specific so anything that isn't correct emails will fail as they cannot be identified as "true".

Could you please see if updating the record k1._domainkey.edenor.com to only contain everything from k=rsa?

Let's see if that will work.

We have tried removing the specific value and leaving only "k = RSA" in the "DKIM" record, however it didn't work.

I've some questions: As I mentioned before, our page is private, Can we configure a personalized email? Or do we need to have a public page to perform that customization?

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

No, you don't need a public page to customize this. It seems like there may be something else that is wrong and I would recommend raising a ticket with the Atlassian Support team. They can look into the SendGrid logs which should give an idea on why the notifications are not being received.

1. Visit https://support.atlassian.com/contact

2. Select Technical issues and bugs

3. Select Statuspage

4. Provide the page name, ID (you can get this from the URL) and the email address you are trying to use.

One of the lovely support engineers will pick the ticket up & hopefully get down to the issue!

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2021

@Katerina Andrea CEJAS Just checking if you were able to connect with the Atlassian team to see if there were any issues? 

Katerina Andrea CEJAS June 16, 2021

Hello, sorry for the delay.
We have not yet succeeded in getting the emails to arrive correctly. The last thing we did was reconfigure the DKIM registry and change the email address format.
We rely on the documentation of the following links:
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/customize-email-notifications/
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/configure-your-dns/

dns1.PNGdns3.PNGdns2.PNG
In the image you can see that all the DNS records are correct, and the format of the email address as well. But nevertheless the emails are still not being sent.
We are generating a ticket, but anyway, is there any other solution?

Thank you

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2021

Hi @Katerina Andrea CEJAS 

Raising a ticket with the Support team is the best solution as I can't see anything wrong with the DNS records. The team will be able to check the logs etc. and help resolve this.

Thanks,
Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events