NewRelic integration

stanley.nguyen July 19, 2022

Hi,

Has anyone tried to integrate with New Relic recently?  They introduced the new workflow in place of old notification channel and the email integration is no longer working.  StatusPage's message is "Ignored automated component status update, we were unable to identify the sender or subject.".  Any suggestion is appreciated.

NOTE: I have existing alert integration using channel notifications and they work fine but we're forced to move to new workflow now

2 answers

0 votes
alex_johnson October 11, 2022

I had the same issue, there were two parts to the solution:

• The 'unable to identify the sender' was caused by NewRelic changing their email domain (https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/plan-to-upgrade-alert-notification-channels-to-workflows-and-destinations/188205). I raised a ticket to Atlassian and they fixed that.
  • The 'unable to identify the subject' was caused by the Statuspage checking for precise case-sensitive text values that were not appearing in the email subject line from NewRelic. To resolve I've had to edit the subject line in the NewRelic email notification template and add some handlebar conditions to pass the precise text that the Status page needs.

For example the Statuspage condition triggers if the word 'OPENED' appears in the email subject, but the default NewRelic notification message only contains the issueTitle, so I had to add the status value there, but the status value was sent as 'OPEN' and so still did not trigger the condition.

Ultimately have set the Email subject in NewRelic to this: 

{{issueTitle}} | {{ eq "CLOSED" status yes='CLOSED' no='' }} {{ eq "OPEN" status yes='OPENED' no='' }}

Because my monitor only responds with OPEN or CLOSED.

This is the precise case-sensitive list that Atlassian told me the StatusPage will trigger on:

Keywords that set the component to 'Major outage' (Case sensitive):

'failing', 'Alert open: ', 'Monitor Failed', 'Monitor check failure', 'Synthetics monitor fail', 'monitor failed', 'OPENED' 

• failing
  • Alert open:
  • Monitor Failed
  • Monitor check failure
  • Synthetics monitor fail
  • monitor failed
  • OPENED

Keywords that set the component status back to 'Operational' (Case sensitive):

'Downtime recovered for', 'Alert closed: ', 'have been closed', 'Monitor Recovered', 'CLOSED' 
  • Downtime recovered for
  • Alert closed:
  • have been closed
  • Monitor Recovered
  • CLOSED
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Hi @stanley.nguyen,

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us.

To dive deeper into this issue, would you please help create a support request via this link?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023

Hey all!

Recently I have had a few customers facing the same issue and the query shared above did not work for them, whereas the following query did:

{{issueTitle}} | {{ eq "CLOSED" state yes='UP' no='' }} {{ eq "ACTIVATED" state yes='DOWN' no='' }}

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Like Darryl Lee likes this
0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2022

Hi @stanley.nguyen,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😃

Thanks for reporting this to us and we are sorry for the friction this has brought.

However, we haven't received any requests from other customers regarding this.

For better triage, would you mind creating a support request for us via this link?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

massimo dematteis July 23, 2022

hi i am having the same problem

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2022

Hi @massimo dematteis,

As mentioned in the comment, please help us file a support request so that we can track and collect the details to report a bug if it's identified.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

André Machado De Araújo August 26, 2022

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. NewRelic email's to Statuspage email automation won't work, I do get them but the message "Ignored automated component status update, we were unable to identify the sender or subject." is displayed.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2022

Hi @André Machado De Araújo,

As mentioned in the comment, please help us file a support request so that we can track and collect the details to report a bug if it's identified.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events