Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need AlloyDB component for Google third party

ambar May 21, 2024

We recently had an outage due to our dependency on Google's "AlloyDB for PostgreSQL" product, and I was asked to make sure that dependency showed on our Statuspage. However, when I go in to the list of Google's third-party components, it doesn't seem to exist. How can I add it?

Ref: https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/xVSEV3kVaJBmS7SZbnre

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Hello there!

Welcome to the community, and thanks for the question on adding AllowDB as a Google third-party component. Normally, the third-party components list is directly related to another Statuspage customer's page. In this case, however, Google Cloud doesn't have a Statuspage page and they use their own internal thing. We happen to have a special instance where we can still make third-party components from these. This means that if we don't have it on the list, it is not something that is currently being monitored.

I can contact the team and create a feature request to achieve better parity on this, but as of now, nothing is in place to catch this as a third-party component. What you could do is add this as a component to your page and then if an incident occurs within Google, you can manually make this change. You might be able to automate this using the manage API as well if you have any monitoring tools.

Regards,
Jesse

ambar May 23, 2024

I definitely think this is worth cutting a feature request for. Can you say a little more about automating this using the manage API?

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2024

I made the request. Please note that the feature requests for Statuspage exist on a private board, but the ticket is STATUS-807.

As for using the Manage API, you could use a combination of scripting and the Update a component endpoint to have a component that changes whenever one of the Google Cloud components changes. You may need a monitoring tool to help accomplish this, but that's the concept. Here's a link to our API: https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/postPagesPageIdComponents

I don't have any specific details. This is more of a thought as a workaround since it's not currently a supported third-party component. Hopefully, that helps, though.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events