Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Microsoft 365 Services

Leigh Elliott January 18, 2023

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to setting up StatusPage and I was wondering what would be the best approach to adding a component to monitor the status of Microsoft 365 services.

For example, if components of the Microsoft 356 service were down (ie Outlook, SharePoint, Teams) is there a way for me to set up a component to monitor and alert employees automatically?

If so how is this possible?  When reviewing the list of apps and integrations on StatusPage I am unable to find any Microsoft 365 services listed.

Thanks,
Leigh.

1 answer

1 vote
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Hey @Leigh Elliott happy to help!

Did you check if you have any API options on the Microsoft side of things? This API would allow you to retrieve information about the current status of various Office 365 services, including Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.

You can then use this information to create a custom component in StatusPage that displays the current status of the services you want to monitor. though, even that doesn't quite seem like what you are looking for. It sounds like you would need a tool that would be able to monitor and post to these services and Statuspage is really only meant to be a communication tool. In a case like this, I would consider taking a look at Opsgenie as it provides ways to integrate with just about anything: https://www.atlassian.com/software/opsgenie/what-is-opsgenie

Also Leigh, in case you need further support I would recommend you open a formal ticket with us 🙂 -> https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Leigh Elliott January 22, 2023

Thanks Rafael.

Yes I've since looked into Opsgenie and integrated it with our deployment of UptimeRobot.  Still researching but I should be able to set something up this way.

Like Rafael Meira likes this
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2023

Hey Leigh, 

Great, in case you need further assistance, let us know :)

Tony Edwards April 20, 2023

@Rafael Meira I am new to statuspage and am just looking to get an API link from MS to be able to essentially show if their service is up/down/degraded but am struggling on where to start...

are you able to point in the right direction?

Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2023

Hey, @Tony Edwards happy to help!

Certainly! To get started with monitoring Microsoft's service status using Statuspage, you'll need to use their Service Communications API. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you out:

1. First, you'll need to register an app in the Azure portal to get the necessary API credentials. Follow the instructions in this Microsoft documentation to register your app and obtain the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/quickstart-register-app

2. Next, you'll need to grant your app the necessary permissions to access the Service Communications API. In the Azure portal, go to your registered app, and under "API Permissions", add the "ServiceHealth.Read" permission for the "Office 365 Management APIs".

3. You'll now have to get an access token to authenticate your API requests. Use the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret you obtained earlier to request an access token. You can do this using a tool like Postman or by writing a script.

I would recommend, if possible, opening a formal ticket with our Statuspage support for further assistance Here. 😄

Like Carry Megens likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events