Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Azure third-party component for StatusPage

James Clifford September 20, 2021

Hi All,

We have recently moved to using MS Azure for hosting. However, I was surprised not to see an uptime monitoring integration for Microsoft.

Since you have Heroku and AWS, it would be very pertinent to add Microsoft's Cloud Infrastructure to this as well. In particular for my case but I'm sure there are similar use cases, their uptime metrics for MySQL, AKS or overall region wide incident reporting would be a vital part of the integration.

Kind regards,

James

1 answer

1 vote
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hello James,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. I can totally see why having support for Microsoft as third party components like we do with Heroku and AWS. Normally, we end up having third party components for pages that are Statuspage customers. That helps us build out by using other Statuspage pages. In cases like Heroku and AWS, these are the outliers and we have built them out. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not plan to add other companies for monitoring in this way and they would need to be a Statuspage customer for us to add them. 

I do see we have a feature request on this and will add this to that for tracking but right now it looks to be something engineering is not willing to take on at this time. My apologies on this.

I hope that you have a nice day. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Jesse

James Clifford September 27, 2021

Hi Jesse, thank you for the response. That is disappointing though. Azure is a common platform and it doesn't seem overly taxing to extend the capability of StatusPage to link into Azure given the other integrations you have completed.

Like # people like this
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

Hi James,

Totally understand where you're coming from. I know a part of the hesitation is because of what we have done for those other two companies. They do take a bit of work to maintain and when something changes on their side, we need to then update it here manually. This ends up taking away resources from improving the product overall. My suggestion to the team would be to change whatever structure we have so that less maintenance would be needed. I think this would be the overall solution to add anything we want. I think some consideration would also be needed on what we can add at all.

As I mentioned above, I have added this community post to their tracking for this feature. I can't guarantee anything but I will readdress this with the team and maybe we can come up with a clever way of addressing the maintenance behind all this. Again, my apologies that we don't have this feature available for you.

Regards,
Jesse

Like # people like this
Lubna Malik November 29, 2021

Hi Jesse, 

We are in same boat as James. I am exploring statuspage for my organisation and unfortunately without integration to Azure it wont work for us.

Whilst the feature as third-party component isnt available. Is it possible to build our own custom integration between out VMs and StatusPage? If it is can you point me to help documentation? 

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2021

Hello Lubna,

There are a couple of ways to automate this yourself. You could utilize the email automation functionality: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/get-started-with-email-automation/

If you have a component that you are already monitoring and it goes down, you can send an email to the component's automation email and it will change the status.

Alternatively, you could leverage the API: https://developer.statuspage.io/

You would probably be able to script something that triggers of of a change in the state of whatever you're monitoring and then send a request to the "update a component" endpoint to affect the downtime by changing the status of the component.

Hopefully that helps get you started! I hope you have a great day!

Regards,
Jesse

Jorge Vidaurrazaga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 2, 2023

No updates on this?

It's been almost 2 years and I still don't see Microsoft Azure as a component.

Like # people like this
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2023

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. This is still not implemented. The desire for this feature is rather low despite Azure being a common platform. As a result, other features have been prioritized. It's not entirely off the table but it still could be a while before this is added to the roadmap. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,
Jesse

Like Brian Hill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events