Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localised content

Rebecca Porter November 22, 2021

Hello! I'm looking at how to localize my Status Page. I found this page with an integration that will allow this to happen. 

I have a few questions:

1) Is there an additional cost for the Localize app?

2) Can this translate Status Page messages (e.g. if we post a message about an outage or maintenance) or only the landing page?

3) Has anyone used this integration? Do you have any feedback about it? 

Thanks community!

1 answer

1 vote
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Rebecca Porter ,

Happy to help!

I'll answer your questions in order below:

1) Localize is an app separate from Atlassian Products that does require purchasing of an individual/company account, so there is an additional cost in that you'll need to purchase a Localize license, but there is not additional charge to using it with Statuspage

2) I believe this will apply to the view of the page only, and translate accordingly for active viewers. In terms of languages the messages are sent out in however, I believe that would be defined by the original language used in the Incident. But viewing the Incident with Localize in place on the site apart from the message should offer translated versions.

3) I have not used Localize myself, so I will defer to the community. However, Localize does have a page specifically regarding the integration with SP https://localizejs.com/integrations/statuspage-io, so they might be able to provide you with a Demo on that functionality.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Rebecca Porter November 25, 2021

Thanks @Shivam Naik . I have a few more questions if you can help me out:

1. Can we use your public API’s to push translated content into pages, will this require additional pages?
  2. Is there an additional cost to do this?
  3. Are there any other options available to provide localisation of the status page?
  4. Is there any further supporting documentation thats not using Localize?
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2021

Hi Rebecca, 

No problem!

1. Can we use your public API’s to push translated content into pages, will this require additional pages?
    A: You can definitely do so using the API endpoints like this one https://developer.statuspage.io/#tag/incidents to push translated information to a Statuspage page, you do not necessarily need more that one page if you're planning on adding all language content to one site.
  2. Is there an additional cost to do this?
    A: There is no additional cost to using the API, the REST API is available on the Free plan as well

3. Are there any other options available to provide localisation of the status page?
    A: Apart from LocalizeJS, I am not aware of other options in regards to changing languages on a Statuspage for which we have direct documentation for. I found a few services like translate.com offering integrations for translation of Statuspage.io, but there isn't documentation for it on our end.

4. Is there any further supporting documentation thats not using Localize?
    A: Unfortunately not, but I will enter a Feature Request to see if Engineering can begin to offer more options for this

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Adil Bouchaara August 16, 2022

Hi @Shivam Naik 

thank you for your replies and details,

i still have a question, we are using smartling as our platform for translations, and we want that our customers to be able to choose the language they prefer,

my question is if we used statuspage API and we translated incidents text ... and then we updated the incident, do statuspage then will show different languages to our end users in order to select one?

or will have only one language on the page?

because based on the integration provided with Localizejs i noticed that the scrolling part through different languages is a localize code based on the integration and not generic

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2022

Hi @Adil Bouchaara ,

If you were to push updates out via the API, the displayed text would be in the language you sent the update out in. Because there isn't an integration for smartling, the site would display text as is, it wouldn't translate and display those updates like the localize integration would.

Please let me know if you have follow up questions!

Like Adil Bouchaara likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events