Hello! I'm looking at how to localize my Status Page. I found this page with an integration that will allow this to happen.
I have a few questions:
1) Is there an additional cost for the Localize app?
2) Can this translate Status Page messages (e.g. if we post a message about an outage or maintenance) or only the landing page?
3) Has anyone used this integration? Do you have any feedback about it?
Hi @Rebecca Porter ,
Happy to help!
I'll answer your questions in order below:
1) Localize is an app separate from Atlassian Products that does require purchasing of an individual/company account, so there is an additional cost in that you'll need to purchase a Localize license, but there is not additional charge to using it with Statuspage
2) I believe this will apply to the view of the page only, and translate accordingly for active viewers. In terms of languages the messages are sent out in however, I believe that would be defined by the original language used in the Incident. But viewing the Incident with Localize in place on the site apart from the message should offer translated versions.
3) I have not used Localize myself, so I will defer to the community. However, Localize does have a page specifically regarding the integration with SP https://localizejs.com/integrations/statuspage-io, so they might be able to provide you with a Demo on that functionality.
Let us know if you have any follow up questions!
Thanks @Shivam Naik . I have a few more questions if you can help me out:
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!
Hi @Shivam Naik
thank you for your replies and details,
i still have a question, we are using smartling as our platform for translations, and we want that our customers to be able to choose the language they prefer,
my question is if we used statuspage API and we translated incidents text ... and then we updated the incident, do statuspage then will show different languages to our end users in order to select one?
or will have only one language on the page?
because based on the integration provided with Localizejs i noticed that the scrolling part through different languages is a localize code based on the integration and not generic
Hi @Adil Bouchaara ,
If you were to push updates out via the API, the displayed text would be in the language you sent the update out in. Because there isn't an integration for smartling, the site would display text as is, it wouldn't translate and display those updates like the localize integration would.
Please let me know if you have follow up questions!