Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping maintenance message from scheduled to ongoing

Tarjei Utnes December 6, 2021

Hi!

We are having quite a lot of planned maintenance where we write long messages. When the scheduled maintenance starts, this messages is replaced with the:

"Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary." 

This means that we have to be online when the scheduled maintenance starts so as to change this message to what it was originall (before the scheduled maintenance)

From what I see there is no way of defining this before hand.

Please let me know if I have missed something.

1 answer

1 vote
Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2021

Hi there Tarjei! 

Thanks for writing in to Statuspage Community, I'm Talar from the Atlassian team, happy to help. 

The message you type in when scheduling is sent out with the "Upcoming scheduled maintenance notice" email. 

At this time the automated "Maintenance in Progress" message cannot be edited - having said this, we have a feature request in place with our product team requesting the option to be added. I have gone ahead and added your request to this ticket. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Talar

Tarjei Utnes December 9, 2021

Ok, any ideas on when this might be looked at in terms of development?

I have some ideas on work arounds, but they are not as elegant as the built in would be.

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

Hey there Tarjei,

We received an update from the product team just yesterday. They have indicated that they have no plans to include this in the product roadmap for the foreseeable future - I don’t believe that this is something that will be delivered in the short-medium term, if at all.

Regards,
Talar 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Tarjei Utnes June 16, 2022

Any reasons why not?

Agaci Avinas
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2022

Hey Tarjei,

Good day,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian support!

As we all know, there are various parameters involved in prioritising a feature request, such as the complexity of dependent feature requests, the number of requesters Etc., 

The feature request that Talar has specified is in "Maybe Later" status, which means the product team would not implement the feature request immediately; however, it will be considered in future. In that case, we do not have an ETA for implementing this feature request.

Here is the feature request-id STSPG-549 for your reference to check the feature request status with us.

Thanks

Agaci

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events