Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an in-app notification for Maintenance Window?

Katherine Kolon February 17, 2022

Hello, I have been using StatusPage for several years now. I thought that with Incidents and Maintenance Windows alike, there would be an in-app banner posted.

I just created a maintenance window and no in-app notification was created. We want to make sure all users are aware and not all users subscribe or look at the external status page. This maintenance window applies only to a subset of customers in one hosting environment.

I thought I had seen in-app notifications in the past. Do you only do in-app for incidents? If so, why? This would mean I need to create an incident for a maintenance window just to get a notice up in-app.

1 answer

0 votes
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hello Katherine,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for the question around having in app banners. I was a little curious what you meant by this. Are you saying that the Statuspage site would have a banner on the page itself or are you referring to your website having a banner pop up when there is a maintenance in Statuspage?

If you are referring to the latter, we do have the status embed feature: https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/what-is-status-embed/

If you are referring to something else, I would love to hear more info. Thanks so much for your time. If you are having issues, also feel free to submit a support ticket.

Regards,
Jesse

Katherine Kolon February 22, 2022

Hi, I guess it's status embed. Not all of our users subscribe to StatusPage or check the external site. We used to have noticed pop up when a user was logged into our application. This is what I'm not seeing anymore. It looks like for maintenance mode, the embedded notification only pops up 24 hours before, which is not enough time to prepare our users for the full shutdown of our platform. Is there any way around this?

Katherine Kolon February 22, 2022

Oh wait, I just saw that Status embed can only be used on public pages. Now I'm really confused because our engineering teams have done work so that we can display messages to our customers while in-app and this is broken down by hosting environment. So, for example, if we only wanted to show an incident message to particular users in a certain region, we can do that - at least we have done that in the past. Now I'm not sure anymore what is shown to customers and when.

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the update. I am not sure either then. It's possible that your engineering team created something to use that leverages our API. I know that is a common practice for when people want to create dashboards. I wonder if this is what they are doing. If your page is not public, then it must not be the status embed. Would any of your team members know for sure? If so, and it's something we can help with, I highly recommend opening a ticket with us on our support page. Thanks again for the clarification.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events