Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to reduce StatusPage notifications to only when there is a full outage?

Adam Parker July 13, 2022

I'm getting absurdly high amounts of partial outage notifications (I'm looking at you, Twilio). Is there a way to limit notifications to only full outages? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2022

Hi Adam,

This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Thanks for reaching out about this. Notifications are only meant to be sent whenever the company has created an incident and have selected a component. It doesn't matter which status the component is in. This means, unfortunately, that there is no way to filter it out by the severity of the component outage since things are all triggered off of an incident creation.

If you haven't already, you can select the components you really care about on Twilio's Statuspage. That way, when an incident occurs that isn't something you care about, the notification would be suppressed. Hopefully that will help reduce some of the noise. If you had any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Jesse

Adam Parker July 15, 2022

Twilio's texting service is "degraded" about 5x/day but very rarely goes out completely. I finally found where I saw "reduce notifications" -it's in my Slack app settings: "Too noisy? Manage component updates ."  I just removed Twilio's north America texting service from Slack notifications. Thanks! 

Jesse Klein
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2022

Ahhh understood Adam,

That's a great idea to have if you're using Slack. Hopefully that helps with some of that extra noise.

Regards,
Jesse

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events