Is there a way to change the label postmortem?

Mike Capone August 16, 2022

Looking for a way to change the label postmortem. This is frequently referred to as an RCA but the postmortem label seems to be hard coded in. thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Mike Capone

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😀

Background information

The Postmortem on Statuspage is meant to publish the RCA for the subscribers and the internal team members to understand the incident.

Question

I am not sure about the "label" you mean here. As the screenshot attached below, there is no label existing on the Postmortem report of an Incident on Statuspage.

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 12.45.16.png 

Please provide more details or screenshots to help us understand your inquiry.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian
Mike Capone August 18, 2022

Thanks Darryl.  My team was able to figure it out looking at the back end scripts. All good

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Mike Capone !

You and your team are awesome! 😎

Have a great weekend ahead.

Don Rogers January 20, 2023

@Mike Capone I'm just finding this, and our organization hopes to do the same thing … are you able to share more detail about how you solved this?

@Darryl Lee the primary request for us is that the name 'Postmortem' is not the language we want to use for end-user communication. We are hoping to publish it under a different title than 'Postmortem' such as 'Review' or 'After-Outage Report'. 

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2023

Hi @Don Rogers,

Thanks for further clarification.

Unfortunately, the term/title "Postmortem" is not possible to be changed in the current design.

Feature Request

We see how significant this is to you and your business, so I have submitted a feature request with the information mentioned above.
The feature request ticket is STATUS-116.

What's next?

We will keep you updated about this feature request because it doesn't provide visibility to our customers.

Please note that our Product team reviews all Feature Request (FR) together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any FR will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Appreciation

We greatly appreciate your thoughts on how we might make Statuspage better; it really helps.

In the meanwhile, we apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations caused by this inadequate functionality.

Best regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Craig Caplan May 31, 2023

@Mike Capone  @Don Rogers 

Did either of you find a way to make this work yourself (Mike you noted backend scripts - did you make a change or were you just able to see it was not possible per Darryl's note?)
We also want to change for similar reasons to Don's comment.

Don Rogers June 1, 2023

@Craig CaplanWe did not end up finding a path to implement this, but we continue to want to. Sorry I can't offer anything more helpful!

Like Craig Caplan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events